Bill and Cheryl Darnell founded SIDS America after they lost their infant son. By Sarah Beldo
One Saturday morning, Bill and Cheryl Darnell found themselves living a parent's worst nightmare.
Cheryl went to wake their infant son, Billy, who was nearly five months old, and instead found his lifeless body laying in his crib, a victim of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS).
The shock was intensified because there were no warning signs before Billy's tragic death, and they were left with no explanation.
“With so many hopes and dreams shattered, we simply couldn’t imagine how life could possibly continue,” Cheryl explains.